Now, You don’t need to stand in the queue for book your railway ticket .CRIS (Center for Railway Information System) has developed the Smartphone app named as “UTS aka utsonmobile “by which you can book unreserved suburban tickets from your home directly .This service had inaugurated by railway minister Mr. Suresh Prabhu at Dadar Station on Saturday. Right now, this service is available only for Dadar Station. It will extend on the other stations shortly as well.
However ,by this service you can book tickets for only current dates. Right now ,Advance Date Booking is not allowed. You will get chance to book maximum 4 tickets (for Second class ) and 1 ticket (for first class ) on this app. Right now , you can book your normal (non-concession) journey/return suburban tickets for Mumbai and Chennai Suburban Section Only.
You can download this mobile ticket system on your windows or android phone. UTS for other mobile phones will be launched soon.
How to book the railway ticket by UTS aka utsonmobile?
- UTS is available for registered users only .You have to sign up on the app or official website with your Name ,City ,Mobile Number. Also ,you have to select your preferable booking information while registration such as Journey Type,Ticket Type,frequently traveling routes and class ,and number of passengers.
- You will get your login-id and password with your “Zero” Balance R-Wallet account after your successful registration
- You can pay your ticket price using R-Wallet .R-Wallet introduced by Railway , by which you will pay your ticket price on online booking counter (on nominated UTS Booking Counters only).Ticket price will be deducted from the balance. You can see the remained amount in your R-Wallet .Also ,You can recharge your R-Wallet here (maximum up to RS.5000 ,Minimum up to RS.100 )
- After booking your ticket, you will get a confirmation SMS on your mobile with a Unique booking ID
- After that ,you will be asked for print your ticket via ATVM Kiosk at the sourced station.You are allowed to print your ticket by two option .You can either use your smart card or your mobile number .Just enter your Mobile Number with that Unique Booking ID which you had got with booking confirmation SMS
– Quick Booking for frequent travel routes
– Normal Booking for any suburban routes
– Cancel Ticket :you can cancel your ticket before printing it
– Profile: You can manage your passenger profile.Also, you can your R-Wallet balance here.
– Booking History :check recently booking tickets with Rebooking option
You can cancel your ticket before its printing only .Your amount will be refilled in your wallet via UTS Booking Counter. There is not any cash refund system in this app.
Download the app here from Play Store