Facebook provided the ‘Free Wi-Fi’ feature in selective countries last year. Now Facebook has launched this feature for Android and iOS devices globally.
This feature will help users to find Wi-Fi network in public areas nearby. Users can search locations and businesses, which provide free Wi-Fi for public use.
The feature is helpful for those users, who have important work to do, but they are traveling. They can find the restaurant or club, which provides free Wi-Fi by using the ‘Free Wi-Fi’ feature on their Facebook app.
Talking about this feature, Alex Himal, Engineering Director at Facebook, said that,
“We’re beginning to roll out ‘Find Wi-Fi’ everywhere in the world on iPhone and Android. We launched it in a handful of countries last year and found it’s not only helpful for people who are traveling or on-the-go, but especially useful in areas where cellular data is scarce. Wherever you are, you can easily map the closest connections when your data connection is weak. ”
How to use this feature?
- Open Facebook app on your phone
- You will see a three lines icon on the right side, click on it
- Then click on the ‘See All’ option under the Apps section
- You will see ‘Free Wi-Fi’ feature under this section, click on it
- Turn on the location service of your smartphone
- Once the location is turned on, a map will open on your screen, where you will be aware of the location that provides the availability of free Wi-Fi in your current location and nearby.
Currently, this feature is available only on iOS devices in India. The update for Android devices will hit soon.