Google has launched the digital payment app –Tez in India. The app is made for the Indian market exclusive. To install this app, the user has to a resident of India. Also, he/she has to have the Indian bank account and an Indian mobile number.
Tez is based on Unified Payment Interface (UPI) and launched by the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) UPI is a payment system. By this system, the user can transfer payment to another user’s UPI Address / VPA (Virtual Payment Address). You can transfer money from the UPI system without any account number, IFSC code etc.
- You can book movie/ bus tickets.
- You can pay utility bills by this app.
- It supports 8 languages- Marathi, Hindi, English, Tamil, Telugu, Kannada, Bengali, and Gujarati.
- You can transfer money from direct bank to bank by this app.
- You can transfer money by searching ‘Nearby’ device. No need to share the bank a/c or the phone number.
- The app is protected by ‘Tez’ Shield. So your money will be secure in the app by 24/7.
- Reminder Option (Upcoming Feature).
- Make payments by credit/debit card (Upcoming Feature).
- You can make payments to your friends/family anywhere anytime.
- The app is made for Indian users only. So, it works for all major Indian banks/ a vast majority of smartphones.
- Win up to ₹1,000 with each transaction via Tez Scratch Cards.
How to create your account on Tez:
- Install the app on your smartphone.
- Select the language.
- Enter your mobile number on the app. This number should register to your bank a/c.
- Then, the app will ask your permission to access your contacts, location and messages. Allow them
- After allowing permissions, click on Continue.
- The OTP will come, verify it.
- After that, for security you need to make your app a screen lock or a 4-digit Google PIN, then the app will open.
- You can see your name at the top left.
- Below your name, you can see the option ‘Add Bank Account, means that the bank account will have an option to link to the app.
- Click that option and select the bank account.
- To verify that account, the app will send the self-generated SMS. Then your Bank a/c will verify with the app. You can use this app.
Install the app here and make payments with your friends/ family anywhere anytime: